BCT’s music group will soon be entering its eighth year providing guitar, bass and percussion tuition aimed at encouraging young people to learn the basics of playing an instrument. The lessons are held at the BCT Hub and are undertaken in an informal group format, aimed at fostering a keen interest in music whilst encouraging self-esteem.
- Beginners Guitar Music Club – Saturday Mornings: 10:00 – 11:00
- Intermediate Guitar Music Club – Saturday Mornings: 11:30 – 12:30
- Cost: £3 per session
- Taught by local musicians Gary Doyle & Colin Liddle & Iain Symmington
- We can offer the use or loan of instruments to children
- The lessons link into our brilliant shows both in house and at local events
- All workers enhanced DBS checked, safeguarding and first aid trained
The BCT Music Group have performed at The Georgian Theatre, ARC, Eldon Square (Newcastle), Billingham Town Centre and Stockton’s SIRF event (Stockton International Riverside Festival). We also have sessions featuring guest musicians and performers.
We also performed at Billingham’s Street Party held in the Town Centre celebrating the Queen’s 90th birthday. BCT performed alongside Alan Clark (from Dodgy), along with local bands and musicians including The Alice Charmers, Samantha Durnan and Ty Lewis. Also performing on the day were dance group Tapshoes and Tutus, who opened the event in style… Read more about this event HERE
BCT Aspire also run a number of events during the year, at Easter, Halloween and Christmas…