BCT Aspire – Duke of Edinburgh Awards Scheme
2018 Silver Award
Partnership with Stockton Council
We are pleased to be once again working in partnership with SBC Dofe programme to offer both Gold and Silver awards with BCT. This means all training is done with Paul and this year Gordon Wills (experienced Mountain Leader) at BCT Aspire with extra training from Paul Michinson of Northeast Guides. Expeditions will be done jointly with the council participants with members of our team also supporting.
When’s it happening?
This year’s programme will be delivered as part of our weekly Youth Club on a Wednesday night between 6-8pm, specific Dofe activities will take place at the following times
• 7pm , 26th March,2018 – Presentation & Information Night
• 18th April onward – Drop in sessions for advice and Edofe support
• 21st April 2018 – Guided day walk (Optional to join Bronze group as peer mentors)
• 11-13th May – Stockton Council Training Weekend (Optional)
• 27th June – Begin Wednesday night training sessions (6-8pm)
• 9th or 23rd June – Training day on Cheviots with PB and Northeast Guides (Gold and Silver)
• 29th June to 1st July – Practice Expedition
• 24th to 26th July – Qualifier (Possible 1)
• 1st to 3rd August – Qualifier (Possible 2)
• March 2019 – Final Presentation & Award Completion.
What Kit is provided?
• The programme does require all young persons to have the correct outdoor kit. All personal clothing, tents, cooking equipment, maps etc. can be provided by BCT Aspire CIC, however, if you would like to provide your own, a 10% discount card is included in the Registration Pack to be used in Go Outdoors & Cotswolds Outdoor.
• Key personal kit – Suitable outdoor clothing, Boots, Waterproof Trousers & Jacket, Sleeping Bag
What are the costs?
• Day Walk x 1 (min) £5 per walk
• Expedition x 2 £25 per trip
• Enrolment Fee £21
Enrolment cannot be confirmed until the application form and enrolment have been received. This is to reduce wasted places that cost the organisation.