What is the Duke of Edinburgh Awards Scheme?
• The scheme is a globally recognized qualification for young people & adults between the ages of 14 to 24.
• The scheme is accepted alongside formal qualifications by higher education providers & employers.
• An opportunity to experience new activities and develop existing skills.
• Principles – Shared experiences in outdoors developing leadership, problem solving. Overcoming challenges to build emotional strength & empathy for others. Experiencing isolation & solitude develops self-reliance & self-confidence.
• Divided into 4 sections that all must be completed (Physical, Skill, Volunteering & Expedition)
• Sections can work around existing activities (Current Hobbies & Interests).
Check out the official Duke of Edinburgh website HERE
What equipment is provided?
• The programme does require all young persons to have the correct outdoor kit. All personal clothing, tents, cooking equipment, maps etc can be provided by BCT Aspire CIC, however, if you would like to provide your own, a 10% discount card is included in the Registration Pack to be used in Go Outdoors & Cotswolds Outdoor.
• Key personal kit – suitable outdoor clothing, boots, waterproof trousers & jacket, sleeping bag
Enrolement cannot be confirmed until the application form and enrolment have been received.